Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Roger gets to work on coordinating efforts

From: Roger Winkles
To: Sittisak
Cc: Nack, Wanphen, Apichai, Sujitra, Suchada, Christi at PAX, Rosemary at Hamilton, George Dorman,
Date: Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:30 AM
Subject: Update: voluntary host family for NACK (Chatchawin)

Hello Khun Sittisak,

Yesterday, my wife received a call from Christi Reynolds, the area coordinator for PAX. She asked that we contact the High School Nack will be attending to ensure that they have room to support another foreign exchange student. I left email and voice messages with Rosemary Gallo at Hamilton High School and I’m waiting for an answer. I’ll let you know more as I know more.


A couple of loose ends that need to get worked on:
Local Community Coordinator: PAX currently does not have a local community coordinator in the Phoenix area. The closest coordinator available is in Payson, AZ, which is 145km away. This is a concern because this is the local coordinator Nack will use if he encounters any problems while in the US. I’ve attached a map to give you a representative example of the distance.


Second Host Family: PAX needs to locate a second family that is willing to host Nack in the event things do not work out with our family. This is a formality from my end, as I do not see any issues here, but they still need someone. Wanphen, I talked to George Dorman and he and his wife are willing to support this requirement. If you have no issues with the Dorman family, I can recommend them to PAX and we can get his paperwork started.

I am also learning that we are working this process somewhat in reverse. Typically, the host family is not identified by the child’s family, but rather by the PAX organization. Doing it the way we are will involve a bit more coordination, but I think we can all handle it.
Contact Information:
I thought I would list all the contact information I have so far, in the event you wish to start communication with anyone on this side. I have also added all of the contacts to the email string so they are aware of the work we are already doing in the background.

That’s all I have for now. Let me know if anyone has any questions for me.

Roger Winkles

No comments: